Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fresh Roasted Salsa and Guacamole!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I want to share my safe guarded recipes for  my homemade salsa and guacamole. I hope you enjoy them!!

Fresh Roasted Salsa 

8-10 Roma Tomatoes
1 Jalapeno
2 Cloves Garlic - peeled
1 Poblano Pepper
2 tbs Cilantro
1/2 Onion
2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbs Fresh Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Disclaimer: I like my salsa HOT! I add an additional jalapeno and about half of a habenero. If you aren't into spicy, be sure to remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno and poblano to reduce the heat factor.


  1. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with tin foil
  2. Cut tomatoes and all peppers in half. Place them and the garlic cloves on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper
  3. Roast veggies for 20 minutes. At this point, remove the garlic. Give the peppers about 5 more minutes, and the tomatoes another 10. Allow veggies to cool slightly
  4. In a food processor, rough chop the onion, cilantro, and lime juice. 
  5. Add the roasted veggies to the food processor party and pulse until chunky smooth. Add salt to taste.

Enjoy! This salsa is AWESOME while it is still warm, so eat up!!

Easy Guacamole

2 Avocados - Ripe
1/2 Red Onion - Minced
1 Jalapeno (or Serrano) Pepper - Minced
2-3 tbs Cilantro - Finely Chopped
1-2 tbs Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tomato - Chopped (try and leave some of the juicy insides out. Runny guac is icky)
Salt and Pepper to taste


  1. Scoop out avocados, mash with fork until smooth
  2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently mix until combined
  3. Eat. Now how easy was that!?
My fiancé and I like to eat this guac on a bagel with a little cream cheese and sprouts. Sounds odd, but trust me, its a meal in itself!!

Happy Snacking!

<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment